About Us

Concordia Lutheran College is a Christian coeducational day and boarding school of the Lutheran Church of Australia for years P-12 across three campuses.

Concordia Lutheran College K-12 became a reality on 30 January 2007 in Toowoomba with the amalgamation of Concordia Primary School, Martin Luther Primary School and Concordia College. The College also includes Ballon Outdoor Education Centre near Chinchilla.

Stephen Street Campus, as the Middle and Senior College Campus is known, was established in 1946 on the site of the historic "Redlands" building. Redlands is classified by the National Trust as worthy of preservation.

Redlands was built on about 28 acres of land for Edmund Wilcox in 1889. Designed by James Marks, one of Queensland’s most notable architects, Redlands is a beautiful example of the architectural style of late nineteenth century Queensland. It is a stately two storey building with wide verandahs, cast-iron lace work and lead light panelling

                      

The Redlands building

In 1919 Mr. Wilcox sold Redlands to Dr. Alex Horn, a noted local medical practitioner who then sold Redlands in 1921 to Mr Edward Farmer. When Mr. Farmer died in  1944, the house and land were sold to the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Australia, Queensland District. It became the site of Concordia Memorial College, which opened on 17 February 1946 (as Concordia College) with 27 students.

In 1961, the Redeemer parish took its first steps to establish a primary school independent from the College. This was Concordia Primary School, established on the present site in Warwick Street in 1964 with an enrolment of 64 pupils. 

Martin Luther Primary School was established by the Lutheran congregations of Toowoomba in Hume Street in 1977. In 2007 it amalgamated with the other Toowoomba Lutheran schools to become the Martin Luther Primary Campus of Concordia Lutheran College, offering (like Concordia Primary) coeducation for Kindy to Year 6.

In 2016, the three campuses underwent name changes. The middle and senior campus is now known as Stephen Street Campus, while the junior campuses are known as Warwick Street Campus (formerly Concordia Primary) and Hume Street Campus (formerly Martin Luther Primary).